We were so fortunate to have a visit from my parents this weekend, to celebrate my dad's birthday together, and theoretically also so that Mike and I could benefit from free Lollapalooza babysitters! We did plenty of celebrating, but the rain kept us from the fest on Friday, and then our plans for Saturday were thwarted by a misunderstanding. We've had all-weekend passes in past years, but this year just bought individual day passes for Fri. and Sat. It turns out that when you do that, you forfeit in/out privileges. SO, we had a great couple of hours with Frances on Saturday but were stuck ending the fest after that, as opposed to passing her off to my parents and heading back to Grant Park for some of the evening shows on our own. I have to say though, that the record temperatures were so completely oppressive that I'm not sure how long we would have made it anyway. We had a great time while we were there, but MAN was it hot.

(This is a hot baby)


(This is a hot baby)

