September 19, 2013

Not "Breaking" Family Tradition

When I was in Kindergarten, I broke my arm at school. By some cruel coincidence, Frances broke hers as well, on Thursday, September 5th on the playground of her elementary school.

She was incredibly brave throughout the ordeal, and has handled the recovery with far more positivity and patience than we could ever anticipate or expect from a child. It hasn't slowed her down a bit! We're vacationing at the moment, and she has graduated to a fancy waterproof cast, which is being tested to the limits of swimming, jumping, diving, and sand-digging. I actually think she's dialed her physical activity up a notch since being bound to the cast, challenging her own limits.

Here she is on the day it was broken. Mike has some great coverage of the old cast coming off and the new one being put on, as soon as I get my hands on his phone.


 
Her broken wrist, making a brief appearance between casts ;) The new high-tech waterproof one is pictured below.