Last year, I wrote a blog post at around this time, essentially writing off January as the most torturous month ever. Unfortunately, this year is no different.
The kids have had colds. Hugh, Mike and I had the flu (which I harbored for an entire 14 days), and I've had two sinus infections. Today, Frances had a sudden 103.2 degree fever. All since my last blog post. So we've done little but work and nurse sickness for weeks, but we have high hopes that this will be the end of sick season for us so that we can coast into early Spring.
In light of how house-bound and down we've been, we decided to take a little family road trip to Salt Lake City last weekend, to let the kids jump on hotel beds, order room service and swim in the pool. It was a really welcome change of scene, and I definitely think we'll do it again!
Here are some pics and video from the past few weeks, as uneventful as it's been (I actually took many of them today). Cheers to a new month - of birthdays, a Nina and Poppy visit (!!!) and many amped-up workouts as we get in shape for our trip to Jamaica next month!
 |
| Hugh loves his train table! |
 |
| A kiss from sis before ski school |
 |
| Ski school pick-up above. Backyard snow time below. |
 |
| Twins in their thermals :) |
 |
| Oh look - mom's in a picture! Shopping at Caputo's in SLC. |
 |
| Riding the horse at the Children's Museum in SLC |
 |
| H passed out on the drive home |
 |
| More Children's Museum fun, including climbing in a real Intermountain Life Flight helicopter (below)! |
Here's some adorable video of pathetic Hughie when he and I had the flu together. There are so many things I'd rather do with him than wallow in sickness, but the extra cuddles weren't bad :)