It's been a restful blog hiatus for us, as we celebrated Thanksgiving in Indiana last week, and then returned for the weekend to Andy, Jen, Ben, Zack and Courtney visiting from Florida for the holiday. We had a great time celebrating, and thank both sides of the family for being such gracious hosts! I didn't take many pictures, but a few of the cousins at the park in Naperville - in the unseasonably gorgeous weather we were lucky enough to enjoy for what likely will be the last time this Winter. Playground equipment just doesn't hold the same appeal covered in ice and snow.
I also captured some video of Frances IN LOVE with the battery-operated kitty cat she found at her Gram's house. We have never seen her so enthralled with a toy...
Let's see... What else have we been up to? Frances "helps" walk Pollock...
"What leash? This leash? Let's Go!"
We just harvested the largest three limes from our unusually fruitful indoor/outdoor key lime tree. Thanks again, Kirk and Katie! Who knew this gift would continue to surprise us almost 6 1/2 years later!
Frances has been reading a lot of books "by herself" lately. You know the deal if she smuggles the book into her possession and says "Frances," which (we've come to know) means that she's entirely capable of doing this particular activity without your help, thank you very much!
She likes to play underneath the kitchen table - it's her latest "fort."
We've started playing soccer through the Little Kickers program, and it's SO much fun! Better pictures to come, I'm sure. Check out the uniform!
And finally, an homage to the last good times spent at the park this season...
Dear park, I'll miss you this Winter, but look forward to the good times we'll have in 2010 when I'm 2 years old and Ruler of the World. xo Frances